What plastic items are acceptable in my blue cart?
San Franciscans may place the following plastic items in the blue recycling bin:
- Bottles and bottle caps (OK to leave plastic caps screwed on the bottle)
- Tubs and lids (i.e., yogurt containers)
- Cups and lids
- Clamshells (i.e., “to-go” containers from salad bars and restaurants)
- Molded packaging
- Buckets and flowerpots
- Clean, dry plastic bags inside one clear bag
- Broken toys as long as they do not have metal parts, batteries, circuit boards or wiring.
All materials placed in the blue cart should be mostly clean, without food or liquids.