What do I do with used cooking oil?

For small amounts of used cooking oil (1-3 cups), pour cooled oil into used paper towels, napkins, newspaper, pizza boxes, or other food soiled paper products so the oil can be absorbed. This mixture can then go into the green Organics cart. If you have larger amounts of cooking oil, visit HHW.org or call 408-299-7300 to schedule an appointment with the Santa Clara County Household Hazardous Waste Program.