Hey Recology Residential Customers!
Did you know that you can schedule pickups of hard-to-recycle items at your home for no additional charge??
- Call Recology at 206.763.4444 to schedule special item pickup. Pickups must be scheduled to ensure they are completed.
- Visit this link to Recology Website for setout instructions.
Items available for curbside pickup:
- Batteries: Tape ends of batteries with clear tape and place batteries on top of bin in a sealed plastic bag. Limit: 0.5 gallons per pickup. (Car batteries are not accepted)
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs: No tubes longer than 4 feet. Limit: 2 tubes/bulbs per collection, max 10 bulbs per year.
- Styrofoam: Place in plastic bag attached to or next to cart. No packing peanuts, only clean styrofoam accepted. Limit: 10 gallons per pickup.
- Motor Oil and Cooking Oil: Separate motor oil and cooking oil into different color sealed containers labeled with name and address. Place next to recycling cart. Limit: 3 gallons per collection per type of oil.
- Textiles: Place in clear plastic bag. Limit: 10 Gallons per pickup
- Small Appliances and Electronics: Must be smaller than 2ft X 2ft X 2ft. Limit: 2 per pickup.
- Empty Camping Sized Propane Canisters: Propane tanks are not accepted. Limit: 10 per pickup.