Audits and Consultations for Commercial Customers
Our Waste Zero Team helps businesses apply best management practices in collecting recycling, composting and landfill materials. We provide a single point of contact to help you implement new recycling programs or improve your existing program and make sure you have the resources you need.
Depending on your type of business or residential property, the team will:
- Visit your site to discuss sustainability goals and potential space requirements/restraints
- Conduct audits of your waste stream to suggest bin sizing and reduce costs
- Customize your service options and equipment to meet your needs
- Provide signs, fliers, stickers, and training at no additional cost
We are familiar with assisting all business types–from office buildings, hotels and hospitality, restaurants, hospitals, and shopping centers to large commercial residential properties.
Special Event Collection & Hauling
Planning an event? We provide special event recycling, compost, and landfill collection services, from small meetings to large festivals. You’ll work closely with us to ensure maximum recycling participation at your event, and you’ll be provided with sorting posters, flyers, and guides.
Container Enclosure Requirements
- There are no specified guidelines/requirements for the number of dumpsters
- There are no fees required from Recology Auburn Placer
- Plans for dumpster enclosures must be sent to Recology Auburn Placer for review and approval
- No applications etc. are required to start service. Service may be started with just a phone call to Recology Auburn Placer, 1-530-885-3735
- Trash service must be set up for at least once a week service
- Trash dumpsters must be set up for stab service
- Trash enclosures must be 14’ x 11’ (full 11’ opening encompassing gate, etc)
- Sanitation vehicles must have a straight in shot to dumpsters
- Sanitation vehicles are 32’ long and have a 45’ turning radius
- Approach to enclosure must have 60 feet clearance for truck to pull in and be able to back up
- There should be a curb around the sides and back of the enclosure approximately 6” wide
- Gates have to be able to open 180 degrees with pins on both gates long enough to go into the ground when the gate is open to hold the gates in position while the container is being emptied
- Any enclosure for food service has to have an enclosure with a clean 11’ opening and a 16’ depth for the grease-rendering container to go behind the trash container
- Doors must be mounted so that they clear all landscape curbing
- If there is going to be a Drive-Thru the enclosure has to be built so the truck has access to the enclosure
- These enclosures are built for solid waste only, not for storage of any kind
Please keep these requirements on file. If enclosures are not built to specifications, will serve letters will not be issued.