Recycling Drop Off
Additional recyclables accepted at no charge by Mountain View residents only:
- Plastic bottles, tubs, jugs & jars
- Aluminum cans
- Plastic bottles & tubs #1-7
- Aseptic (shelf-stable) cartons
- Paper & cardboard
The following items are also accepted for drop-off by Mountain View residents only:
- Empty aerosol cans
- Used cooking oil (in screw-top container or jug)
- Scrap metal (pots/pans, trays, utensils)
- Textiles (unusable clothes, sheets, blankets, towels)
- Usable clothing and shoes for donation
- Mattresses & box springs
The following items are accepted for drop-off by appointment only. Residents must call Recology Customer Service to schedule a drop-off appointment for the following items:
- Appliances (no full-size refrigerators, freezers, or air conditioners)
- Furniture (couches, tables, dressers, etc)
- Clean wood & lumber (not painted or treated)
CRV Buy-Back Procedure
- Facial Coverings and Social Distancing is required.
- Material must be sorted prior to arrival.
- All redemptions over $50.00 will be paid out in the form of a check.
The Buy-Back Center is open to the public, and buys materials marked with the following:
- California Redemption Value
- CA Redemption Value
- California Cash Refund
- CA Cash Refund
- CA CRV
More information on materials accepted by the Buy-Back Center
Electronic Waste & Universal Waste Drop Off
Electronic and universal waste, such as consumer batteries, cell phones, and TVs are prohibited from the trash, recycling, and compost carts because they contain poisonous heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and cadmium that can pollute groundwater and pose harmful effects to public health.
Mountain View residents may drop off any e-waste items at no charge.