Bulky Item Curbside Collection
The Bulky Item Recycling Program is only available to residents of the City of San Francisco. Participating properties must have an active residential or apartment account with Recology Sunset Scavenger or Recology Golden Gate.
- Residential customers receive two Bulky Item Recycling collections per calendar year, while Multi-Family owners/operators receive one collection/year. Tenants within an apartment building receive one collection/year and can contact Recology directly to schedule collection. Unused collections do not accumulate.
FAQs about Material Collection:
Can I use both of my annual Bulky Item Pickups at the same time for a total of 20 items?Yes, depending upon availability.I need to schedule a Bulky Item Pickup ASAP, but the next available date you have is two or more weeks out. What should I do?Your options for expedited disposal of your bulky item include:
Can I pay any additional fees for Recology to take it away sooner?No. Bulky item collection is handled by appointment only. Email us at customerservice@recologySF.com for an appointment.I recently closed out my Recology account. Can I still schedule a Bulky Item pickup?No. Only customers with an active account may schedule a Bulky item pickup.Someone dumped some furniture or a mattress in front of my house. What should I do?What if I have more than the allowed items for collection or have already used my allotted collections for the calendar year?
- Drop off bulky items at the Recology Transfer Station located at 501 Tunnel Ave. Fees may apply.
- Explore options with local charities to see if they are accepting donations
- Call a junk removal company to haul your items
If I have items that contain glass (e.g., china cabinet, mirror, etc.), what should I do?
- At this time, we are not able to schedule more than your allotted Bulky Items Pickup a year.
If I have living room furniture or a display case, what should I do?
- All glass, ceramic and items containing mirror larger than 2 x 2 feet should be wrapped to prevent injuries and spillage during collection.
- Wrap it with cardboard or tape it together to prevent breakage and injuries.
FAQs about Materials Accepted:
The Bulky Item Collection Program is not intended for extra household garbage or recyclable materials that can be collected in your carts (paper, cardboard, bottles and cans).
Please review our Bulky Item Collection acceptable item list to learn more.
How do I set my items out for collection?
How are textiles handled?
Effective October 9, 2020, textiles are now part of the Bulky Item Recycling proram. You can also donate to Goodwill at their distribution center, located at 121 Wisconsin St, San Francisco, CA 94107.